The importance of a Home Inspection Report- Selling a home is a serious business. There should be two ways of going about it; sell it without a report or put it on sale after going through the process of a home inspection report preparation. Incidentally, you may not have a choice, since a buyer in most probabilities would ask for a report form or may opt for a buyer report of his own. In any case, the most sensible choice is to opt for a report voluntarily for following reasons:
The reasons a seller needs a home inspection report
- It would lend serious credibility for any buyer to have your house inspected pre-hand (though she or he may still opt for a buyer home inspection report of his / her own).
- You would have a fair idea of any defects or issues in your house which may result in substantial price depreciation. With minor expenditure, you can fix the problem and earn way more in sales proceeds.
- Knowledge of any existing problems with your house, places you in a better position in a deal negotiation. You would have explanations and answers for any buyer queries if you know the problems and have adequate explanations to offer.
How to prepare your property for a home inspection report ?
When you have placed your home up for a sale, then you should be mentally ready for a buyer’s inspection request. It is very important to understand that your cooperation in every way possible and convenient would only help you in landing a good deal. Facilitating a buyer’s house inspector would create a favorable impression and a confident profile of your house. Prepare your house in following ways to earn a favorable seller home inspection report :
- Ask from your Toronto house inspector so that you should have a prior understanding of what all a certified home inspector would be looking for to prepare a house inspector report.
- Coordinate a time when you can be free
A home inspection would take a minimum of 3-5 hours. Find a time which is convenient for you, preferably when the kids are off to school or out to play. This would make it easy on inspectors to inspect your house.
- Clean up the Clutter
Clear off the house from all the clutter, especially from under the places where the inspectors need to carry out their inspections. Clear the attic, cabinets under the sinks and bathrooms etc.
- Prepare the paperwork and keep it ready
It is important to keep your paperwork in order for the inspectors to refer to. You need to be able to link all your repairs and maintenances through proper paper work. Keep your insurance claims and any other inspection report also properly documented. Inspectors would carry a favorable impression of your house with such elaborate documentation.
- Ensure Accessibility
Keep all places and appliances accessible for the inspectors. For the reasons of liability, inspectors would not physically handle these appliances (heaters, air conditioners, ovens etc). Turn them on to facilitate the inspection process. Noncooperation would only delay the process or render the home inspection process incomplete.
- Take Your Pets or Obstructing Attachments away for the the home inspectors to carry out their task with ease and prepare a wholesome report.
Living in Toronto and The GTA, you could have access to our number. Just call up us at (647) 861-4499 or fill up the contact us form to get more help about seller home inspection report .
Inspect My House Toronto