Role of a professional home inspector to stop Termite Damage-Termites could be nasty business in a house especially if you intend to stay in your home for a long term or perhaps sell it in the future. And by nasty, we mean termite infestation may only be detected after the problem is already in its worst state. This is where house inspections come in handy.
Home Inspector Checklist : Termite Infestation
In Toronto, home inspections are only done by qualified and certified professionals, so any type of job they do while at your home will surely result to homeowner satisfaction. A certified home inspector can provide detailed reports of existing and potential problems that may result to live termite infestations. Here are some hints we at Inspect My House probe about:
- Noticeable mud like tunnels – These brown like tunnels can easily be spotted on walls, either dropping, or fully glued. These are usually formed in irregular patterns and are actually made of mud, wood, their feces and saliva.
- Flying ant swarms – swarmers usually appear in warmer months, specifically Spring and start of Summer, some later bloomers arrive during Fall. Any signs of these flying ants near light sources could be an indication that a nest is nearby and these ants are on their way to establish a new colony.
- Damaged wood – Common problems include buckling, paint, tiny holes and wood appearing crushed when tapped with a soft thud or hammer.
- Signs of life – number one sign of these are shed wings of swarmers. Termites are usually not seen by the naked eye right away because they choose to stay deep inside infested areas for protection.
But not seeing any of these signs won’t warrant a no-infestation announcement right away. That’s why you need a registered home inspector to do the job for you so we at Inspect My House can determine if there is really something to worry about. And if there is, tell you what course of actions you can take to either prevent or get rid of it.
The Ways Home Inspector Services Work to Determine Termite Infestation
- Probing – Most home inspections in Toronto begin with this technique using either screwdrivers, or knives. Usual inspections begin at the basement. From there, one can go directly to the floor, stairs, porches, expansion joints, fence posts, windows and basically anything containing wood on its structure.
- Reporting – Your home inspector should prepare a very detailed report of his/her assessment of the home. Some homes may have signs of life from termites but may only indicate previous activities that were already exterminated. It’s our job to also explain to you in much richer detail, whatever is not readily understood on the home inspection report and even provide you face to face talks while building inspection is happening.
- Recommendations – Depending on assessment done, we can recommend hiring pest control companies for extreme measures and provide you of possible preventive measures. Regardless of results, an Ontario home inspector can also help identify if your home has other pest infestation instead in the name of carpenter ants.
Find Home Inspection Companies In Toronto Now
House inspections for any possible termite problem should not be neglected! You wouldn’t want a broker or buyer to have a headache because of repairs they need to have after acquiring your property (a pre purchase inspection is recommended).
All residents of Toronto, Richmond Hill, Markham, Thornhill, New Market, Vaughan , Mississauga, Brampton, Hamilton and all the GTA could have a free phone consultation . Reach out to us at (647) 861-4499 or fill the contact form for consulting with a professional home inspector in Toronto , today!
Inspect My House Toronto