If you wound up here looking for new home inspection tips then you came to just the right resource. And we won’t just provide you a working home inspection checklist but real tips when you’re about to buy a new house in Toronto and the GTA. We’ll even provide you some more tips if you’re cooking some business at a new commercial building you’ve been eyeing. We’ll start for our local residents then move from there.
Residential New Home Inspection Do’s and Don’ts
As local investors in the property purchasing industry in Toronto and the GTA, what better way to welcome you but to provide you a simple and easy to follow new home inspection checklist before you even consider forking out the money to your agent or broker.
For pre handover phase take a look at some things below (external and internal issues combined):
- Correct window and brick silts clearances
- Roof heating and insulation
- Ceilings are properly installed
- Scratch test on the mortar
- Brickwork for plumbing
- Walls and cornice for straightness and levels
- Roof-line and tile installation
- Tiling and grounding level
- Check bath related fixtures such as toilets, shower and sink, etc.
- Basement and attic check (these are usually left behind)
For pre-settlement phase, here’s what to take note: like the pre handover, the new home inspection process is the same but only those purchases under sales contracts. Also, termite inspections in Toronto may be a must. Make sure your Toronto home inspector knows they are able to do this so it can be part of their report later.
Avoid these new home inspection blunders as much as you can:
- Not taking actions for new home inspection – A perfect inch by inch house inspection in Toronto is not just made to find defects but a great opportunity to inspect your soon to own property with your own eyes.
- Choosing to not tag along during inspections – After hiring a Toronto home inspector to perform a precision property inspection , do not leave them be. We as Inspect My House encourage homeowners to come along so take this opportunity as much as you can. At least you’ll get to ask our professional Ontario home inspector around and see if he really do what he will report.
- Having the wrong non registered home inspector – Choose a certified home inspector not because they offer the lowest rate for their home inspection services but because they provide the best home inspection in Toronto reflected by reviews, and recommendations from real people with a matching reasonable price tag.
- Ignoring recommendations from report – When your licensed home inspector dishes out the comprehensive report, make sure that you follow them through. They won’t put those in there just because they like them too. You can talk to them about possible recourse of action at the best possible price point as well so it’s a win-win situation for you.
For our entrepreneur friends, please don’t feel left out! We’re here to provide you with the same easy tips to industry inspections. Make sure your chosen licensed home inspector is a member of professional organizations such as NACBI (National Association of Commercial Building Inspectors & Thermographers).
With this, you’re assured that the work they do pass standards in terms of safety, environmental rules, ADA compliance, and even ways to assist in business growth.
Make Toronto Living Worry-free, Contact Inspect My House NOW!
If you are living in Toronto, Hamilton, Mississauga, Brampton, Richmond Hill and the rest of The GTA area, make the right decision for your property whether it be for residential or commercial purpose by contacting (647) 861-4499 to discuss your need of a new home inspection with our expert certified home inspector .
(home inspection Hamilton Area)
Inspect My House Toronto