What is a Toronto Home Inspection ? House inspections in Toronto are a normal sight by their inspections for new homes or old properties needing evaluation to see fitness to house a family. We at Inspect My House are happy that this has been the case because the money paid for our Toronto home inspection services have made more savings for households since saving accounts in bank were a thing.
But not one to just throw in our achievements as a licensed home inspector as a whole, we wish for you to see both sides of what an actual property inspection really looks like for its end users – the benefits and disadvantages.
Pros and Cons of a Toronto Home Inspection
There are two types of Toronto home inspectors : one are those doing a whole house inspection in just an hour or two and the other, longer, inch by inch meticulous inspections that take 6 hours to a whole day. Each Toronto home inspection is able to produce great outputs and advice for the home or property owner but the length and quality just differ.
House inspection report from a meticulously long inch by inch property inspection is also laid out in greater detail than shorter one. But regardless, every type has its own strength and weakness. Let’s begin with the cons, shall we?
Cons of a Toronto Home Inspection
- Added expenses – Well, depending on how thorough you want a Toronto house inspection is, it will still incur fees above your other expenditures when buying, selling or eyeing for repairs. But then again, the pros can outweigh the cons if you just look closely over time and overall expense.
- Incompetence – You can easily find Toronto home inspectors nowadays but not all of them seem like the pro you’re looking for. Some don’t have the qualifications and experience so the burden of looking for the right one rests on your hand.
- Required by mortgage – Most properties don’t require that you perform inspections however that is not true for condominiums because majority of home maintenance is covered by internal associations. Any damage would then become your responsibility as homeowner so better think a lot before foregoing this crucial step.
Benefits of a Toronto house inspection
- Armed with detailed knowledge through reports – A very detailed house inspection report arms you with knowledge of what areas need immediate major attention and which areas can get quick fixes. You can better plan on budget.
- Avoid surprise money splurge – For sellers, deciding to have a property listed and unchecked may face you with more charges in case any needed fix has been discovered from a buyer’s part.
- Get better recommendations – And of course actual industry average prices from service sellers you might need for any fix or remediation found on the report. Because you know the prices beforehand you can negotiate well.
- Increase property value – By taking care of correct repairs and/or maintenance yourself, you make your property in mint condition for both selling and continued use.
- Avoid unwarranted negotiations – Some buyers negotiate with over-inflated estimates. If you have the figures, you won’t be fooled.
Done weighing but still undecided? If numbers’ not in your game, we got more to help convince you next!
Are Property Inspections Right for You?
While this piece is purely for educational purposes only, let’s all address it while we can: A Toronto home inspection shouldn’t be a choice but a mandate. Would you rather take risks involved in uninspected properties (especially old ones) and pay for regrets later? We say not. Please don’t be part of the negative statistics. Take heed, analyze and see the results for yourself. We have references you can rely on. Real home and property owners within the vicinity. Ask them around. Your friends and colleagues. We mean business in every property we look into. Ask one of our Toronto house inspection experts today!
Welcome to Inspect My House, Home of Certified GTA Professional House Inspections
You can generally call us through (647) 861-4499 or email at email@example.com for more details on how we can best help you. Free quotes are available and we can easily dispatch Toronto home inspection services at your request. Call now!
Inspect My House Toronto