Our Home Inspection Association Concerns About Holidays- We wish to ask: are you happily celebrating the holiday season with family and friends? Make sure no problems shall arise while using any of the electrical components at home. Be it the heavy duty refrigerator or game consoles surely to be abused this March break, having every single electrical outlet in your abode is the best way to go disaster-free. Likewise, if you’re planning a vacation over somewhere more tropical, having electrical outlets checked beforehand will guarantee that you’ll return to a perfectly looking at home after the winter blues.
If you’re tough to convince, we have shared some real cases from house inspection businesses thriving within Associations of Toronto house inspection companies. Plus more information on usual areas and conditions checked when conducting electrical house inspections.
Learning from Cases of Electrical Outlet Problems from Real Home Inspection Association
- Dead outlets – One household once wondered why some of their appliances just shut off all of a sudden. They didn’t realize that one of their outlets went dead. Common sense tells that testing would be suffice to check but actually changing this without prior knowledge can be dangerous. Sometimes problems you assume are on their worst are just simple cases.
- Miswirings – Some families think that outlets that work fine most of the time but may not work entire some other time is of no concern. They disregard the heed to see if any wirings had been crisscrossed somewhere inside. As this is an internal problem, shrugging it off for later is the most common attitude until everything breaks down to a pulp. Most common sign of missed wirings are the sporadic problems using some equipment when plugged to certain outlets. Such incidents CAN damage your appliances so better think twice before plugging it again.
- Outage – This problem can be caused by several others, mostly GFI and circuit breaker tripping. However, one almost unseen cause is poor connection. Risks of electrical shocks, damage to lights and appliances, and even confusion over what really causes the problem are real.
- Overloading – Of all the cases, this is one you can easily avoid but very tempting not to. At all cost, do not even think about putting a lot of appliances in a single outlet at once. Power strips or electrical boxes won’t help since if an outlet is designed to only support a few number of appliances and you have already overloaded it with more than max amount, you are opening yourself to risks of electrical fire.
So if you’re asking how to choose a home inspector then make sure that they have knowledge on some of these very common problems and then we’re talking.
Home Inspection Association | Electrical House Inspection Checklist
To find out the right home inspection association , stick to those who can provide you this checklist of areas of concern when you’re in need of electrical inspections:
- Wet area outlets
- Line cords
- Interior lightings
- Electric service panel
- Circuit breakers
- Appliances (new ones)
- Halogen lamps (if applicable)
Let Our Registered Home Inspector Does All the Hard Work for You
Our team of professional and licensed home inspectors are always at the ready to be of service to you and your family within Toronto and the GTA. Call us up at this number (647) 861-4499 NOW so we can talk about any of your particular electrical inspection needs. Inspect My House is a reputable home inspection association around the area with years of experience that can back up our claims.
[wpseo_address show_state=”1″ show_country=”1″ show_phone=”1″ show_phone_2=”0″ show_fax=”1″ show_email=”1″ show_opening_hours=”1″]
[wpseo_map width=”400″ height=”300″ zoom=”-1″ map_style=”roadmap” scrollable=”1″ show_route=”0″ show_state=”0″]